The Rockwall City Council is accepting applications from residents interested in serving on the council in Place 2, which is currently held by Mark Russo. Recently elected as the Republican nominee for Rockwall County Justice of the Peace in Precinct 3,Mr. Russo has submitted his resignation from the council effective September 18. According to the City Charter, council vacancies are filled by a majority vote of the remaining elected council members until the next municipal election in May 2013.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 385 S.Goliad Street between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or by e-mail request to email@example.com. Applications are also available online at http://www.rockwall.com/Boards. Completed forms must be submitted online or to City Secretary Kristy Ashberry at Rockwall City Hall by 5 p.m. Friday, August 31.
Applicants must meet all qualifications set out in the City Charter, which include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Must be a qualified voter;
- Must have resided within the City Limits (or recently annexed territory) for at least 12 months prior to filing deadline;
- Must not be in arrears in tax payments or other liabilities due the City of Rockwall;
- Can only file for one office or position.
For more information, please call City Secretary Kristy Ashberry at 972-771-7700 or Director of Internal Operations Joey Boyd at 972-772-6408.